Frequently asked questions
Help for solving the challenges
- No guessing or remote brute force needed, the title always helps a lot.
- Almost every solution is unique for every user to prevent copying solutions.
- Where the solution can not be determined clearly (some cryptography or steganography challenges), it is always a recognizable english word.
- Challenges which require local brute force are solvable in minutes.
- Some challenges have predecessor challenges which help you get prepared for the more difficult ones.
- Simulated challenges always need exact solutions. These solutions are all obvious if you know what to do, so please try to provide the shortest but valid solution.
- Again, the title always helps.
- Real (not indicated): there is no simulation behind the challenge, it works as it have to.
- Simulated: the whole environment is simulated, so not everything will work as expected. Although we try to make these simulation as rich as possible, please always provide your solutions undecorated.
- Sandboxed: we provide a real, but isolated environment for you. Some sandboxed challenges also have a simulation fallback.
- Do not brute-force solutions. Every challenge is designed to be solvable. The time difference in your answers have to be at least 10 seconds in average.
- Do not give spoilers or solutions in forums.
- Hacking is allowed only in the playground area. Other site content is not target of any challenge.
Violating the rules results in deleting the whole user profile.
Have some more questions? You can use the forums to get more help.