First of all, we want to make it clear, that our goal is to draw attention to common security vulnerabilities, teach how to avoid them and recognize brilliant minds.
- Service: this web service, which is located at http://www.deathstar-hacking.com.
- Player: a user who registeres an account on /Account/Register.
- Challenge: a puzzle/riddle which is provided by this Service.
- Playground Area: those parts of this service, which are accessed through http://www.deathstar-hacking.com/Playground/.
About this Service:
- We provide mathematical, logical, programming and engineering challenges. Some challenges expose security vulnerabilities for learning purposes. In those challenges, you can freely and legally examine and test the given vulnerabilities.
- We do not teach hacking, cracking, attacking, abusing, stealing or any other related activity. We do not provide any tutorials on any of these activities. After a Player solves a Challenge, he can review the given vulnerability (if any) and learn how to avoid it. We provide tutorials on how to avoid security vulnerabilities.
- Reverse engineering is only allowed in the Playground Area. You can not attack or reverse any other part of this Service, which is not related to any Challenge.
About the Players:
- Only Players can view Challenges.
- Players can test their knowledge on the provided Challenges freely and legally.
- Remote brute force is forbidden on all challenges.
- Any kind of attack outside the Playground Area is forbidden.
- Publicly visible information from a Player: username, country, rank, experience points, about, solved challenges, date and time finished, earned trophies.
- Players can agree to share more of their profile data with companies looking for brilliant minds. These informations are (in addition to the publicly visible ones): e-mail address, website, time required to solve each challenge, cheating attempts.
- We use third party analytics service to collect statistical information on our visitors anonymously.
- Some Challenges require to store the IP address of the Players or the HTTP headers sent by the Players' browsers.
- We store the recent HTTP requests of each user to detect cheating.
- We do not store and share any other information about our Players.
- Private messages can be read by Administrators of this Service.
By registering to this Service, you accept the following rules:
- You do not share answer or step-by-step solutions with other Players. It is also not allowed to trade or post solutions of other sites here as well.
Violating any of these rules can results in deleting the whole account with all data.
- We are not responsible for any user generated or linked content on this Service.
- We do not take any responsibility if you harm anything with the knowledge required to solve some challenges.